The purposes of the Northwest Tribal Court Judges' Association shall include, but not be limited to the following:
1. To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, methods and experience by providing opportunities for interaction, networking and personal contact with judicial officers from other Tribal Courts.
2. To provide for the participation, support and training of Tribal Court personnel to facilitate and enhance the ongoing evolution of Tribal Court systems.
3. To establish and maintain a referral system for judicial opinions and other materials in the field of Tribal law to assist persons working in, or appearing before, Tribal Courts to create bodies of law that are unique for each Tribe and yet are consistent in general principles of interpretation and application.
4. To further public awareness of Tribal Courts and their roles and to encourage and support the continued publication of materials to accomplish this end.
5. To assist in the development of new Tribal Court systems by the sharing of materials, ideas and support.
6. To promote communication and cooperation between Tribal, State and Federal Court systems and governments to reach common goals which will ultimately benefit legal needs within their jurisdictions.